Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Need help with a 53' YF...

Hi Folks,

My wife and I used to own a 56 MY and are hoping to get back into a Hat. We are located near New
    Haven, CT and are considering the purchase of a 53 YF (happens to be a Series II) out of our area.
    Are there any 53YF owners closer to the Northeast who have access to their boats and would welcome
    a quick visit to get a "feel" of the 53 YF?

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays,

Steve

Re: Need help with a 53' YF...

We own a Series 1 53YF on the West Coast. It’s a 15-10 boat so will be more tender than your 56. FromAn accommodation perspective, it’s a lot like a 53’ MY in many aspects yet limited due to the cockpit. After deck is much smaller. If a two stateroom boat, both staterooms are small and share one head. If a single stateroom boat, that’s a great layout for two people. We consider our boat a perfect two person boat. Having a cockpit has a lot of advantages from the perspective of line handing etc. We’re very fond of our boat and made significant investment to fit our needs. Not sure what we’d replace her with.

Re: Need help with a 53' YF...

Thanks, Steve...

But does anyone know of one in the Northeast???

Steve