Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Looking for a surveyor in the stuart/jupiter area and a good yard to pull and paint

Hello Hatteras folks! I am having a Hatt 78 surveyed in the Stuart / Jupiter area. That said, do you guys have any suggestions for a reputable yard that can do paint for an exterior and also some interior updates? I am hoping there may be more than one that I can consider. i will likely do the work at the yard that I pull the boat if possible.... looking forward to your suggestions!

Re: Looking for a surveyor in the stuart/jupiter area and a good yard to pull and pai

This is the guy we used for Pau Hana. Really liked him, very thorough and also resourceful. Tell him we recommended him - he may remember the 1986 Hatteras 54' in 2020

Stuart Hamilton | Marine Surveyors ABYC Certified – Stuart, Jupiter, Palm Beach FL (hamiltonmarineservices.com)
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Re: Looking for a surveyor in the stuart/jupiter area and a good yard to pull and pai

thanks Rob! I will reach out.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    thanks Rob! I will reach out.
    Thanks. Hopefully everything goes well!

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

I have had a couple of good experiences with A&J in Manatee Pocket. I have not been back in a while as I stay at River Forest now and they do all of my work. Check that A&J has not been bought out recently.

Quote Originally Posted by motoryacht lover View Post
    I have had a couple of good experiences with A&J in Manatee Pocket. I have not been back in a while as I stay at River Forest now and they do all of my work. Check that A&J has not been bought out recently.
    For service in Manatee Pocket, Hinckley did our survey haulout. Expensive but tremendous courtesy, care, and knowledgeable. Yardmaster at the time recognized our boat from original commissioning owner, which is a rather gripping story in and of itself. He even knew about engine R&R under original owner.

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL