Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Does anyone know anything about the Fort Myers 53MY for 50k?

I get the YOLO thing but we’re coming off a market that has been flooded with stoopid money that’s overinflated the values of these old boats and no you can’t compare prices to new. Prices are going to readjust to where they should be. Buy now you’re going to end up with a sunk asset as the MBA’s would say.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Here's a well priced one in Cortez: https://sarasota.craigslist.org/boa/...679257917.html

I don’t think you older boats were really part of the plandemic boat bubble. Smaller boats, new or late models, yes… but not 30-50 year old Hatteras.

That one though isn’t worth much. By the time you get that engine rebuilt… and that won’t be $15k… plus the gen… and the paint…. Anyone buying this will be under water
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Anyone really in the market needs to keep their powder dry. It’s a falling market and like my old man used to say about the stock market “never try to catch a falling knife” I personally know 5 people who have bought live aboards here in Florida that been living the life working from the boat. They all have been told “get your ass back to the office” turns out the work from home wasn’t very productive. Fire sales are coming on these boats but the reality hasn’t sunk in yet. Funny how it took Musk at Tesla and Twitter to tell employees to come back to work or your fired to give other CEO’s courage to do the same.
    My thoughts were "if we don't need you here at work, maybe we don't need you at all". Seems like maybe I was right for once.

Walt Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    IF this is the Hat 53 I think it is, she was at Old Bridge Marina (AKA Methhead Marina) and rode out Ian there amazingly without sinking, but had several boats piled up against port side. I could see her driving back and forth over the Caloosahatchie. I never got closer than the bridge, but she disappeared a few months ago from the marina once they moved the sunken hulks in the way, and I haven't seen her since. I'd be concerned about structural issues, since she was on a fixed T-dock with the port side facing downriver into the storm surge at the time of the storm.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL