Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Wanted 66” tapered stern flag pole

Unfortunately we lost our 66” tapered stern flag and pole in a big wind gust on a cruise. ‘73 53C. Seems like it was a mahogany wood. Would be willing to have one made if someone knows of anyone with such talent. These seem very hard to find.

Re: Wanted 66” tapered stern flag pole

I think you'll never find one. I searched for quite some time. I intend to make one this winter in my shop from teak possesing a flat cap with hidden pulley at the top and cleat below. I've assembled all the necessary items, now I just need to find the time to create it. btw, my flag pole receiver is a Lee rod holder of which the flag staff virtually can never fall out of. Whoever thought a 1.25" deep and narrow hole was a good idea for mounting a flagstaff was not very mechanically minded.

Some of you kids spent some time in wood shop during high school years.
    As long as you were busy, you could just about build anything.

It is the long wood lathe that is required. Just about every high school has one.
    Any neighborhood kids in wood shop now?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Some of you kids spent some time in wood shop during high school years.
    As long as you were busy, you could just about build anything.

It is the long wood lathe that is required. Just about every high school has one.
    Any neighborhood kids in wood shop now?
    This is exactly the problem. most lathes are 40" or less. Some older versions had a block that could be installed to lengthen the unit overall, similar to a spacer block for a band saw for resaw capacity. That said they are few and far between these days and take up lots of precious floor space in a wood shop. My personal delay is setting up the jig arrangement for making the 'dowel' on the table saw.

I have a an old Beaver/delta lathe that the bed is bolted together. One of these could easily be stretched to a custom length. They are cheap on the buy and sells. Just a thought.

Walt Hoover

We have 2 spares. Not sure what you had but ours is from 86 52c

The ‘86 is different but not sure. Do they have a ball finale vs the mushroom?