Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

VBerth refit and Stabilizers ?

I am pondering taking the over/under V-Berth bunks in a 48MY and converting the stateroom into a double. It means re configuring he cabinets and both bunks. Does anyone know of a shipwright in Northern California that can give me an estimate to do that work?

And, I'm thinking about installing a stabilizer system in he boat. Same question?

Recommendations ?

Re: VBerth refit and Stabilizers ?

Stabilizers were the best investment in the boat I ever made. Incredible difference. I used Stabilized Marine. They're out of Florida, but it doesn't matter where you are because they fly their crew to your boat anyhow (I'm in Illinois). They knew the 53MY inside and out, did an excellent job and had zero problems.

https://stabilizedmarine.com/

If you use Naiad they have certified installers that they will recommend to insure that your warranty will be honored. I’m sure that Trac also has the same system. I bet that KKMI has people that are certified by both companies.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by liberty7all View Post
    I am pondering taking the over/under V-Berth bunks in a 48MY and converting the stateroom into a double. It means re configuring he cabinets and both bunks. Does anyone know of a shipwright in Northern California that can give me an estimate to do that work?

And, I'm thinking about installing a stabilizer system in he boat. Same question?

Recommendations ?
    I have toyed with the exact ideas for my 48MY as well (also in NorCA).