Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Windshield frame for '71, 41' Twin Cabin

Hi, new to forum. My husband and I have a 41' twin cabin, 71 model. The center windshield frame in cockpit area was blown out and damaged in Katrina while we were riding out the storm in the New Orleans area.

Windshield glass was not broken, we just need to replace frame. We would appreciate any input. Thanks

Re: Windshield frame for '71, 41' Twin Cabin

I just glassed in my windshield on my 76 36C....Not sure if the frame is the same size? If you can figure out if it is....I'll work something out with you!
    Todd
    "Yachtzee"
    1976 36C Hatteras
    Catawba Island, OH

Ohio Hatteras, We will call Hatteras and ask if it will fit. We did not know Hatteras made a 36'. Jackie

4. Re: Windshield frame for '71, 41' Twin Cabin

I just took mine out of a 48 Yachtfish, you can have it if you send me a nice bottle of wine and pay for shipping. I can send you pictures if it will fit.
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

Smile Re: Windshield frame for '71, 41' Twin Cabin

Boss Lady, thanks, I will check to see if it will work. What kind of wine, red or white ? Did I mention the way our frame got brokern ? It was during Katrina. We rode the storm out aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss Lady
    I just took mine out of a 48 Yachtfish, you can have it if you send me a nice bottle of wine and pay for shipping. I can send you pictures if it will fit.
    Thanks,

Would you send pictures of your Yachtfish ? Will help. We plan to call Hateras to see if your fame willl fit our '41 TC. Wine and freight sounds good to us !