Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Cheap Electrical Panel Upgrade

When I leave the boat, I shut off the breakers to non essential electrical items like lights, water heater, water pump and toilets. It's not very well lit under the stairs where panel is located and now that I'm getting older and my eyesight not what it used to be I've been struggling a bit, hoping I don't hit "Fridge" by mistake. So my 3 older kids are now using the boat, well at least hanging out with friends at dock, and I though I better idiot proof this for all of our sakes. I ordered colored zip ties from Amazon ($7 - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0932GKW6S...roduct_details ) and put Red zip ties on "Always On" breakers. and Yellow on ones to turn on when you get there, turn off when you leave. I've had the light below, which is a gun safe light on motion sensor, for a while -that really helps too. Thought this was worth sharing as it only took me 15 years of ownership to come up with

Panel.jpg
    Scott
    1976 43DCFB ,Hull #428, “Exodus”
    Long Island, NY

Re: Cheap Electrical Panel Upgrade

Good idea.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Very clever.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

So simple a cave man can do it ! Great idea.

My eyesight is not what it used to be either and my mind is worse. I would forget which color meant what. A label would help but I would probably not be able to read it