Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Lake St. Clair Info

Advice on dockage and indoor heated storage for our 60’MY. I’m more interested in docking close to the Clinton river as opposed to the nautical mile. Heated storage anywhere on the lake. Preferably the US side would work.

Thank you in advance.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Re: Lake St. Clair Info

Don't know whether it is still in operation but we lived on board through the winter in water at MacNRay's in St.Clair.
    Out of water heated
    storage was available in Algonac.
    A little farther north on the Cdn side has a couple of suitable facilities.

I reached out to Algonac and was put on a wait list for storage. Macrays has a few 70’ slips and won’t do a wait list until after Labor Day. So still looking. I’ll look on the Canadian side. Maybe a few less loonies over there.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310

Sassy's or Beardsley's....
    Bay Village, OH/ Stuart, FL
    Kind of Blue 1967 31’ Bertram Sport fish (2021 - present)
    The Good Stuff 1987 52’ Hatteras Convertible (2006-2021)
    Kind of Blue 1986 36’ Hatteras Sedan Cruiser (2002-2006)
    Kind of Blue 1974 31’ Hatteras Sport Cruiser (1999-2002)

Is Beardsleys on Harsens?
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    Is Beardsleys on Harsens?
    It is / and or was. I think they bought Sassy's across the north channel. Sassy's is another choice for indoor heated storage. I'm at Algonac Harbor Club just down the street. They also have indoor heated storage, but my 53 is too tall so I'm guessing you are too tall as well.

I was going to go into Sassy's last year but waited too long and they filled up. I got lucky and found an indoor wet slip over at Mac Ray's through a private individual.

Planning on Sassy's this year, or maybe the same indoor wet slip if it is available.

Before I got lucky with the wet slip I was booked at a place up in Bay City, so that is an alternate as well.
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Bob, what was the length of your slip/well?
    Side note:
    On Lake Michigan they are called slips, Lake St. Clair I remember they were called wells. I guess.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    Bob, what was the length of your slip/well?
    Side note:
    On Lake Michigan they are called slips, Lake St. Clair I remember they were called wells. I guess.
    It was a 70 ft. well, they are hard to come by. Most of the indoor wells at Mac Ray's are attached to condo's which are privately owned. So finding one probably wouldn't happen by talking to the marina, but asking around the boat dealers down there would be a better tactic.

Sassy's for winter storage is probably your best bet.
    There are a lot of places along the st. clair shores area, they call it the nautical mile.
    Sorry but I don't know any of the names over there. It's basically the area from Mac Rays going south from there.

Are you looking for just winter storage or a place for the summer as well?
    I think for summer Algonac Harbor Club is pretty nice (were we are) but the wall we are on I know is full, they have dockage on the "other side" of the main building, they might have room over there, or maybe dockage on the wall by the restaurant. It's nice with a pool and tiki bar / restaurant right on site. Nice central location to get to the St. Clair River or the lake.

If your pockets are deeper the Old Club on Harsens island has dockage for larger boats, I was told they dock up to 100 ft. Also there is a marina out on the middle channel on Harsens island, I don't recall the name but I would bet they have openings as I think it might be access by boat only, but not sure about that.
    Last edited by Bob Quinn; 06-03-2023 at 09:03 AM.
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name