Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Insurance Coverage for Bahamas for 1979 Hatteras

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    American Modern required a survey last year but renewed this year without one at $6800 for $260k hull value. They went down $200 to my surprise. I asked for Bahamas endorsement separately and they wanted $70.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54 with ext)
    Tampa
    FYI, as of this morning, American Modern is no longer underwriting policies in Florida no matter the age or size of the vessel.

I live in Palmetto, FL and keep my boat at one of the safest hurricane holes in SW Florida and am having super difficult time finding a policy since GEICO non-renewed me.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

I have been with State Farm for 3 years. 1st in TX now on FL's East coast. I have had no issue with coverage, but I cannot get a rider for The Bahamas.
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina

Quote Originally Posted by JD5652 View Post
    FYI, as of this morning, American Modern is no longer underwriting policies in Florida no matter the age or size of the vessel.
    That sucks, I guess I will be non-renewed again at the end of the year. Second time in 2 years, after these last few hurricanes, they're all pulling out of Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrandy View Post
    I have been with State Farm for 3 years. 1st in TX now on FL's East coast. I have had no issue with coverage, but I cannot get a rider for The Bahamas.
    Randy -

Who is your agent?

I'm dealing with a Strate Farm agent out of Crystal River, FL and the person handling my logistics seems to be very young and inexperienced.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL