Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

South Seas Marina open

Just the marina. They have grills, power, water, access to the beach, and golf cart rentals (to go into town). No pool. Bubble room and a few others are open. They say every week more places are opening up. $2 foot plus electric for now. We are adding this into our trip this month and should be there end of May. Expecting to see vegetation that will take years to come back and a lot of damaged property. We will make the best of it and spend, spend to help out.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Re: South Seas Marina open

Nice.

We stayed a night or two there almost every month until the storm. The kids could run wild in safety and it was always our first step to go anywhere else...would leave on Friday after work and get there in only an hour from my house.

So, we'll go stay a night just to check it out and see who's still there. Maybe we'll see you out there. There were always such nice people around the marina.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

We are scheduled in Tuesday the 30th for 3 nights. Going to take the dinghy to the beach on North Captiva.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    We are scheduled in Tuesday the 30th for 3 nights. Going to take the dinghy to the beach on North Captiva.
    Aw man, I have to work during the week! My career certainly gets in the way of life.
    1984 52C

Play hooky!😎
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    Play hooky!
    Ha - I would play a lot of hooky if I didn't have half a million in storm damage to pay! Ian sure did a number on me. $20k insurance premiums on the house and I have to sue the hell out of them to get a nickel, for a 100 year storm.

We'll try to run out there for a night this weekend and I'll make a report on the status of South Seas.
    1984 52C

Thanks for the scouting trip. Have fun, I know you need it. We will be in Cabbage Key tomorrow afternoon.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Cabbage Key looks great. New docks but most don’t have power yet. We got lucky and are plugged in!👍👍👍
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

I never made it. My daughter got called-back for an audition in a show and the fam voted to cancel.

I can't even get away for a night! Ridiculous. Anyway, looking forward to your report!
    1984 52C

We are in Fort Myers beach now. So many buildings gone. Staying at Moss marine. $4 a foot and we have to run on the generator. Diesel is $6.50 a gallon. Stopped pumping at 100 gallons. They used to have reasonable prices but the guy says everything around is on hurricane pricing. Don’t know if it’s justified or not. Many places are self insured. This place really got boned bad. It was originally coming directly to our area. I’ll gladly pay the premium passing through and be glad Mad Beach is still intact.

One thing is apparent looking around. The newer construction homes fared very well. After seeing all this I’m glad I built a poured concrete (ICF) house with a structural garage level floor. The extra money I spent in 2006 is chump change today.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP