Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Diesel in Stuart

Heading on a trip next week that will bring us to Stuart. Any recommendations on fueling up over there? We are headed to Manatee Pocket area.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Re: Diesel in Stuart

The large yard right after the lock heading east I believe still sells diesel. I believe it used to be called
    American Custom Yachts but is now Willis Custom yachts. When it was American it was cheap and easy.
    If not Willis my next choice would be Sunset Bay. The closer you get to the inlet the more expensive it gets.

I attached this notice to Mariners that I got regarding Indiantown bridge. I believe you are coming from the
    West coast.
    36505025-524B-4278-82C8-6FDD80D8ACF6.jpg

Active Captain says Willis no longer sells fuel.

Cheapest in the Pocket is Mariner Cay Marina.

Quote Originally Posted by motoryacht lover View Post
    The closer you get to the inlet the more expensive it gets.
    Don't forget the ole Indiantown Marina.
    http://www.indiantownmarina.com

We timed out trip to arrive in Stuart on the 24th in case there is a hiccup with the bridge reopening. For fuel just looking for a fair price where they do volume so that fuel is clean.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Manatee Marina or Mariner Cay are the cheapest.

7. Re: Diesel in Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    We timed out trip to arrive in Stuart on the 24th in case there is a hiccup with the bridge reopening. For fuel just looking for a fair price where they do volume so that fuel is clean.
    my, you’re rather a optimistic fellow aren’t you? This is same company that told their investors, local politicians , and Federal Government-that their scheme would be finished in 2014, and they would be building a new brodge because that one is almost 100 hears old.

Gotta live. I'll make lemonade if I have to.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

One of my misadventures in life was owning a portable toilet and construction trailer company. I did mostly government contractors FPL Nuke plant outages NASA and others one of the accounts was maintenance on the lock at the east end of the canal. It always took twice as long as they budgeted for. I’ve never seen any government project we’ve work on stick to a time table. I wouldn’t set my watch by it.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    One of my misadventures in life was owning a portable toilet and construction trailer company. I did mostly government contractors FPL Nuke plant outages NASA and others one of the accounts was maintenance on the lock at the east end of the canal. It always took twice as long as they budgeted for. I’ve never seen any government project we’ve work on stick to a time table. I wouldn’t set my watch by it.
    I'm thinking it's less refined than that. Like you would not want to plan a family by it.
    Regards
    Dan