Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

RR bridge in Stuart closed

So, does anyone know if it was in fact closed? We are supposed to pass through on May 24th, 2 days after it is supposed to reopen. Also if anyone knows how difficult is the Old Roosevelt bridge to get an opening. Looked it up on Navionics and the rules look like many reasons not to open.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

2. Re: RR bridge in Stuart closed

Yes, it is. Google “13 Marine Businesses Sue Brightline”

Re: RR bridge in Stuart closed

Quote Originally Posted by Retired1 View Post
    Yes, it is. Google “13 Marine Businesses Sue Brightline”
    I will. has to be a good read!. I am amazed they can get away with this. Major marine traffic disruption. I just hope it opens in time for use and more so earlier than the 21st for everyone local affected by this. I bet everyone on the west side are fuming. Land locked for 3 weeks.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Wow!! Just read some. The 3 week closure is nothing, just a drop in the bucket. Not even part of the lawsuit. My exercise to cross and learn the ropes on locks and such might be in vain. There could be huge boat traffic jams if they can keep it closed for as much as they want. Imagine sitting through 2 openings to get through. I imagine you could spend 2 hours trying to get through. And that's with a bunch of P-O'd other boaters and sure to have some cutting in the line.

That and prime waterfront properties (and surrounding non waterfront) would loose a lot of value. I had no idea it was this bad. Now We have to consider needing to run through the Key's and visiting other parts of the Bahamas.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Bridge opened this morning.

Thank you. Confirmed by the marina as well. We set across the waterway tomorrow morning.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

You’re welcome enjoy your trip.