Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Question Hatch opening main engine on 1978 / 58’ Hatteras Salon Up model

Does anyone have pictures of engine room Hatch opened on Salon Galley up 1978 / 58’ Hatteras .

Re: Hatch opening main engine on 1978 / 58’ Hatteras Salon Up model

I had a 1980 58’ MY. There were no overhead hatches to the engine rooms. The bulkhead between the pilothouse and galley sits on top of the ERs, as does part of the galley cabinetry and refrigerator. I even took up the flooring everywhere expecting to find something, but I did not - just the subfloor which I suppose you could cut and remove. Maybe other year models were different.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

You can cut it.

But then you get to rebuild it too.

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    You can cut it.

But then you get to rebuild it too.

Sky, is that the same exact deal for the 58MY galley up? On my 58MY, I had a bulkhead running across the ER along with galley cabinetry and the refrigerator. I once saw that on a boat like mine, the best way was to cut the hull side out and remove it. That may have been a bit on the dramatic side, but on my [1980] 58MY there were no good alternatives. Let me tell ya....the way Hatteras installed those galley cabinets, they would have survived several rogue wave roll-overs. Removing all that ... ugh!!!
    Last edited by Angela; 04-10-2023 at 12:23 AM.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Sky, is that the same exact deal for the 58MY galley up? On my 58MY, I had a bulkhead running across the ER along with galley cabinetry and the refrigerator. I once saw that on a boat like mine, the best way was to cut the hull side out and remove it. That may have been a bit on the dramatic side, but on my [1980] 58MY there were no good alternatives. Let me tell ya....the way Hatteras installed those galley cabinets, they would have survived several rogue wave roll-overs. Removing all that ... ugh!!!
    53ED is the same as the 58 Series 1 MY. I had to remove the pilothouse seat and the bar cabinetry before cutting the floor.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI