Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Surveyors in St Petersburg

Hey everyone. I think I screwed up and bought boat. LOL I'm in the process of closing on a 1988 67' CPMY and I am looking for seasoned Hatteras surveyors. Know of any?

What about Detroit Diesel engine surveyors? Know any of the in the St. Pete's area?

I have to get back on picking up loose bottles and cans on the side of the road to help make the payments.

Re: Surveyors in St Petersburg

That have 71 or 92’s in it?
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Ummm.... weren't you supposed to get the surveys (hull and engine) BEFORE you bought the boat? At least that's what I've been advised in the past. There's also the small matter of a sea trial and insurance- which latter depends on a survey.

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    That have 71 or 92’s in it?
    For reference, I have the same boat same year and mine are 12V-71TA @ 770HP so likely the same...

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Ummm.... weren't you supposed to get the surveys (hull and engine) BEFORE you bought the boat? At least that's what I've been advised in the past. There's also the small matter of a sea trial and insurance- which latter depends on a survey.
    Said he’s in the process of closing
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Try Anclote Marine for Detroit survey. I haven't had to use them but many around here say they are the "go to" Detroit people around Tampa. They are located in Tarpon Springs

I have used Steve Kambrick in Bradenton for my purchase and subsequent insurance surveys over the last 12 years. He also does DD mechanical work. He paid for himself several times over with his boroscope on my purchase survey.

Steve's number is 904 465 6854. Please tell him I referred you and am in the Exumas enjoying his work.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1985 62 CPMY (54MY with ext)
    Tampa

Wayne at Anclote Diesel Speciists (as mentioned above) is very good. I and many others I know have used him for many years. 727-460-9796

Surveyor Noel Miley is very experienced with Hatteras. 877-898-4180 and I have used him many times.

Good luck