Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Wanted 58' LRC along the east coast

I'm with Zigzag930 and Turtle IV's owner: we have a 58 LRC and they're awesome. Enormous - check. Spacious - check. Comfortable - check. Giant, gotta love it engine rooms with 2 gensets - check. 2390 gallons of diesel, 3000nm range - check. If you want to cruise long distances (or I guess just don't wanna fuel up very often) they're amazing.

A few other nice things about the LRC...

Engine room access for me was huge for me, but also: Portugese bridge, full walk around decks (makes line/fender handling simple), stabilized, cockpit for fishing when underway, galley up, split stateroom layout with full aft master separated from the two forward cabins by the engine room with separate entries forward and aft.

We actually started our yacht search by looking at the 61MY but after seeing a LRC, decided the LRC was a better fit for us.

I think the only two things I wish were better on the LRC would be improved access to the flybridge (something other than a ladder from the PH) and draft. At 5'9" or so we do have to be careful in SW Florida and the Bahamas, but we make it work just fine.

If you have the dough Turtle is the one you want. Not a lot of choice out there at this point and these old girls are getting beaten battle scarred and showing their age.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Hey OP,

What did you decide on?

Quote Originally Posted by Conchyjoe View Post
    Hello all,

My wife and I recently sold our house and are gearing up to retire. We are looking for a 58' LRC (but not a project boat but we realize all boats are somewhat of a project).

We are aware of the 58' in Fort Pierce and its a project. The green hulled "Snapdragon" is too green.

Any leads on one that may not be listed is on Yachtworld would be helpful.

Thanks.
    Hi Joe,

I just listed my 1973 58' yachtfisherman. it has 4 fuel tanks and is set up for long range cruising. The boat is in Key Largo. I've been restoring it for 6 years. It's listed on boat trader for $224.

Brett

Anyone know what kinda shape the 58 lrc in New York is in ?Cheers !

I also agree with the "find one and build it for you" plan. I know where there is one in a barn lots of interior work was done, needs more. I will look into it tomorrow and see if it is available.

Dave North
    53 EDMY
    Dream On