Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wanted 58' LRC along the east coast

Hello all,

My wife and I recently sold our house and are gearing up to retire. We are looking for a 58' LRC (but not a project boat but we realize all boats are somewhat of a project).

We are aware of the 58' in Fort Pierce and its a project. The green hulled "Snapdragon" is too green.

Any leads on one that may not be listed is on Yachtworld would be helpful.

Thanks.

2. Re: Wanted 58' LRC along the east coast

How many do you think were built, how many years ago?

Re: Wanted 58' LRC along the east coast

Saw this on Facebook ads in Florida
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Saw this on Facebook ads in Florida
    Thanks, that the one in Fort Pierce I mentioned.....its a big project.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired1 View Post
    How many do you think were built, how many years ago?
    They built 44 of them.

I like the green. This one looks decent; https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/197...8-lrc-8601544/

Snapdragon was owned by my neighbor in North Carolina. I think it was the last one made . Although he had a manufacturing company in Michigan, he also had a boat yard . He told me he and his wife spent six months looking for a boat until they found Snapdragon . He sold it for $765 K . This meant that I wasn’t going to find a cheap one . Who knows what shape it is in now . These boats are getting old and really need good owners.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

LRC’s seem to be rode hard and put up wet for the most part. With only 44 made your probably better off with a project boat and know what you have in it vs a polished turd that looks good but hides a lot of sins.
    It’s been debated on here many times but it’s a purpose built boat. If your not going to do continuous open ocean runs a Std my will serve the same purpose. And realistically if you are really looking for an explorer you need a steel hull with watertight doors and windows. People do long rides in these things but you better have a good long weather window. And the luck of the Irish because an unexpected storm and hull speed there’s no place to run and hide.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Skooch is a longtime member, and I recall may have owned a 42lrc previously. Knowledgeable owner, clearly.
    Good karma who is selling his 53, has a 58 lrc g-dock neighbor (or was last week when I left) that looks a bit unloved. Maybe a seller one day.
    Perhaps research Skooch posts, and go look at that one.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Like RSmith pointed out, you may be better off looking for a Hatteras Motoryacht of similar size. There are many more of those and your chances of finding one in great shape is much higher, plus the prices are usually more reasonable. They will most likely do everything you wanted in the LRC and more. I love the LRC's and always wanted one, but I have not seen one in decent shape in many years.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI