Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Solar battery charger for tender - any suggestions?

Any brand / model recommendations on a durable and reliable 12V solar battery charger for the tender? Tender is a 13' whaler with electric start that sees light use but is mostly in the water and obviously needs the bilge pump to be powered. I'd be fine taking the charger off and stowing it on the mother ship when using the tender. Thanks!

Re: Solar battery charger for tender - any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by firbanks View Post
    Any brand / model recommendations on a durable and reliable 12V solar battery charger for the tender? Tender is a 13' whaler with electric start that sees light use but is mostly in the water and obviously needs the bilge pump to be powered. I'd be fine taking the charger off and stowing it on the mother ship when using the tender. Thanks!
    Did you find one? I just picked up a 13' super sport, with batteries and hadn't thought about the whole battery thing yet. Running an extension cord to it might be an option if there is a good way to prevent it from being ugly or a trip hazard.
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Re: Solar battery charger for tender - any suggestions?

I used a 10 watt solar to keep a GRP. 31 battery topped off on a boat that was docked at a place without electricity. It worked great and replenished whatever the bilge pump drew.