Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1985 36C Series II Shower Sump

Hello, my shower dumps into he forward bilge and is pumped overboard by the bilge pump. Has anyone installed a shower box sump with pump such as an Attwod self contained system? I really would like to eliminate water in the bilge. I believe my forward AC dumps into the same bilge. Any guidance would help. Thank you.

Re: 1985 36C Series II Shower Sump

Mine has those boxes built in from the factory. Absolutely install them. I installed them in my old Chris Craft and the work fabulous. Just make sure you clean the hair out of the filters every so often.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Diaphragm bilge pumps will get almost every drop out. Easier to connect a screen onto to filter hair out. Centrifugal ones always leave some because they flow back when they turn off and hair clogs the impeller.
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

Not a lot of space in the bilge on the 36's. My surveyor recommended the same but it looked very difficult so we live with the wet bilge.
    1978 60C "Reel Action" Hull number 4 (304), 1986 36 Sedan "El Dorado" Hull Number 24 (324)

Easy to install. Very small. These are from West Marine but you can get them anywhere.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Check on Amazon, they have identical ones to those in Rusty picture for less than half the price and they work fine.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Thanks for the responses so far. I'm in the home stretch of a repower and I have furniture stored over the hatch. As soon as I can access I will measure the opening. Definitely want to eliminate the water in the bilge.

A diaphragm pump connected to the shower drain hose, zero water in that area. I would route the A/C condensate overboard.

Walt Hoover

'88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

The bilge floor may not have room for the pump box but I’m certain there is room above. Build a shelf for the pump box. This shelf is simply two pieces of stainless folded on a brake to the correct angles and joined to make one part.
    Attached Images