Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What a grand vessel!

After much work we were able to use our 46 today locally to anchor out and visit our Elks lodge. Now back at home thinking what a grand vessel. So much history. 40 years old and many memories from the day she left the factory. Our 34? Even more memories. Both had lives before we acquired.

I’m rambling but just think about these nice old boats. Rsmith I’m sure knows as he has had his for anyone longer I think. And all are as strong as the day they were launched. Timeless lines. Yes, early afternoon rum is involved in this post. But sometimes the rum (or whatever) slows down your mind enough to really appreciate things.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Re: What a grand vessel!

Fanfare and RSmith have owned them the longest AFAIK
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

June 1976 47 years this June
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

I have owned the 34 since 1992. 31 years this August. My sons grew up on it and are fixing it back up again. Ready now for engines to go back in, reassembly, and completion of the new fiberglass cockpit we built.

And then another life of memories.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Not me, of course, but the prior owner of my boat owned it from 1977 to 2018.

Pretty good run!
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

Fifty seven years and counting...in Key West until mid April, Perry Hotel Marina. A grandson and his girlfriend are here for a week, that would be my Dad's great-grandson. He would be so pleased. Fished all morning, snorkeled in the afternoon. I'm exhausted!

As my wife once observed, "This boat may not be the most cost-effective way to do this, but anything that makes our children and grandchildren want to visit us is not all bad."

Still. you would think the darn thing would be paid for by now....

Jim Grove
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

Mine will turn 40 this year as well. Hauled her out today to do the bottom, replace rudder cutless bearings, repitch the wheels and add some lighting. The lady at the yard told me an interesting tidbit today. The lift they have is the oldest one in Florida and is 70 years old. The thing is used everyday hauling out all kinds of boats at Nature Coast Marina. I hope to get another 30 years out of this boat. By that time I will be pushing 90 and hope to be able to enjoy and be around

My Hatteras 36 is 52 years old, and I have owned her, or she's owned me, for 32 years. Went by quickly. Looking forward to going back in the water in a month or so.

My 58 LRC will turn 47 this year. I'm the 12th owner and this year will be my 4th as her caretaker.

She still turns heads wherever she goes and seems to always be a conversation starter.

While she's not in mint or cherry condition by any stretch, her classic lines and design will never fade.

I'll do my best to care for her until the day I pass her along to her 13th caretaker.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

I'm coming up on 12 seasons with my 1966 41 TC. I'm shooting for having a quarter million $ in her by the time I croak. About half way there. Considering a Cummins "B" series re-power. That will push her closer when you add the "while you're in there's" like NEMA gauges, electronic controls with sync, etc.
    Last edited by SeaEric; 03-15-2023 at 03:22 PM.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"