Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for exceptional 48LRC

We've been looking for long range trawlers for a year now and are in the market! Interested in your exceptionally maintained 48LRC. Please PM if you may be interested in selling to a couple looking for their on the water adventure!
    Mark & Patty

Re: Looking for exceptional 48LRC

Did you look at the 48LRC that had a cockpit extension that is for sale in San Diego? It is in excellent condition but that is reflected in the price.

Can you post a link to that one? It sounds like it might be the former 'Playpen'.

I have seen the one in San Diego. It is spectacular, but is not really a 48. It is 55 feet with the cockpit extended which really makes the boat a lot better. It was just hauled out at the yard last week, not sure why but. New bottom paint for sure.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

I wonder if that is Fred Hersch's old boat- it was lengthened about that much.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    I wonder if that is Fred Hersch's old boat- it was lengthened about that much.
    Kirsch, no different boat.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by Sandiego View Post
    Did you look at the 48LRC that had a cockpit extension that is for sale in San Diego? It is in excellent condition but that is reflected in the price.
    She sold in mid Feb, reportedly for $390,000.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Did you ever find one? I'm seriously looking for a 58' LRC.

Eric can you confirm that the deal was completed because I did a survey on a boat right next to it yesterday and it is still in its slip at the San Diego Yacht Club. Maybe they are still doing paper work.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

It was a while ago but I had a broker friend here in Florida said the sold boat data wasn’t accurate brokers we’re inflating the sales prices to keep the market up. That was in the 08 crash but I’m sure it still goes on. Most boats aircraft and other stuff are sold for $1 and OVC “other various considerations.”
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present