Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Looking for Ships Clock suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    My Seth Thomas during one of the last hurricanes here hitting the bottom of the glass
    Wow I guess that area should be marked "If you are reading this you should not be on the boat" or just "Hurricane - Run" !
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

o.k. I think I found one on ebay, It wasn't a Chelsea like I had hoped but it was a nice brass heavy porthole style with a quartz movement. It will need a good polishing. For $50 I can live with it not being the best brand. I kind of wanted a wind up style just to make it more of an antique, but that's o.k. because I probably wouldn't wind it and would just get annoyed!

I will keep an eye out for a wind up one at a good price. For now her hole will be filled.

Thanks for all the help, now I know what to look for!

The Chelsea's clean up real good LOL. It took me a while and created a mess but it was worth it. I have no idea why the coating failed on ours 20141116_143145.jpg20141117_130301.jpg
    Regards
    Dan

Nice Shine!

I have a couple of Chelsea shipstrike clocks that I bought a while back when (used) they were a lot less than they are now. I just had one fully serviced- it was not cheap, but it had been neglected by the prior owner. They are marvelous clocks- very accurate with a nice sound. I wound them both last week before I went to Amelia Island for a few days (5) and when I got home they were both on time, agreed, and chiming.

Mechanical Chelseas are still made, but the movements are made by Hermle in DE. They are very well made and should last you a while. I bought both of mine used off eBay.