Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Yacht world

Re: Yacht world

Brokers never get the hp or half the specs right. Prices are cratering for anyone who needs to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    On THT someone mentioned a yachtworld alternative.

https://www.yachtr.com/

Seems legit. Also I did a search for 46 Hatteras. There is an 83 just like mine for only $60K. Weird thing is that the 8-92's are rated at only 362HP. Hours are 1100 so seems like when rebuilt they were detuned. Cruise is reported to be same as what I run but top speed much lower. Who knows. Might be of interest to anyone looking.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by Bernd1972 View Post
    They´re now killing it for many brokers by getting too greedy. A frind of mine from Italy just told me he´s closing his account because they now want to charge like 25.000,-USD per year. Not possible for small offices!
    Guess we will see a shift away from boats group soon...
    Yep. My monthly boatsgroup bill jumped from $1,833. to $2,327. from Dec 2023 to Jan 2024.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

3. Re: Yacht world

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Yep. My monthly boatsgroup bill jumped from $1,833. to $2,327. from Dec 2023 to Jan 2024.
    the writing was on the wall when Jessica Muffett cashed out, and moved to Hawaii.
    Last edited by Retired1; 02-22-2024 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired1 View Post
    the writing was on the wall when Jessica Muffett cashed out, and moved to Hawaii.
    And then Brad Parker sold YachtCloser to boatsgroup effectively removing the looming competition.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

I am aware of 4 brokerage offices I am friend with who are leaving, even a big player here in Europe. I think they will learn the hard way...
    There´s no way you can spend that amounts on advertising and still offer any service at all, It´s like working for them for free and hoping they will leave you with the pocket change for office illumination. Absolutelly ridiculous!

What´s worse is that they believe they can take whatever they want since they are working for the luxury industry. They have absolutelly no clue of the market they are serving and the business of their clients.

The package I use beeing on the European market is no longer availeable with them, they offer national packages here without Yachtworld for insane prices and way overpriced "big" packages that would include markets I am not even active in (Spain and France in my case). My bill for a useable package with them went up by 200% within one year, inacceptable!

I am curious to see if they end up killing small brokerage business or if they commit suicide b greed...
    Last edited by Bernd1972; 02-23-2024 at 11:06 AM.

6. Re: Yacht world

I’m not going to ramble on like I did on the first page of this thread , which in hindsight makes me think I had a stroke more than “too much caffeine “. This talk about Yachtworld just enforces my long time suspicions about the Internet for marketing purposes -is dead.

Social media such as YouTube, X, & Instagram long ago replaced it, the same way that the Internet replaced magazines, and magazines replaced classified ads in newspapers. IF one has the time and energy, one can make way more money from ‘views’ than you would ever make from the sales of the actual products.

A group of brokers needs to form a cooperative and hire someone to run their own "yachtworld". The more that join, the lower the costs.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI