Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yacht world

Re: Yacht world

Yachtworld search is now 100% useless. You are limited to searching boats 33-49 feet, 49-66 feet, etc. So you have to sort through hundreds of boats to see what you are looking for. It must be so they can tell those with ads that they were found in many searches.

I only look for fun at boats like mine for ideas and such. If I were a buyer I certainly would not use them. Until they change search functions back on I will not be using as well.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

I was able to narrow down all the copies of my boat that were listed. Slim pickin's but very specific. What does suck about the site is the amount of advertising that makes it really hard to load.

Hatteras Yachts power boats for sale - YachtWorld
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

If you click search without filling anything in, it'll bring you to a page where you can specify the attributes such as length, year, location, etc. Not endorsing YW as I think it's turned to crap. But you can get there from here.

FWIW what i've noticed is that there seems to be a lot more boats advertised on boattrader these days. Not that that's much better. I 'think' they're all owned by the same company tho. So...

Quote Originally Posted by jap201 View Post
    If you click search without filling anything in, it'll bring you to a page where you can specify the attributes such as length, year, location, etc. Not endorsing YW as I think it's turned to crap. But you can get there from here.

FWIW what i've noticed is that there seems to be a lot more boats advertised on boattrader these days. Not that that's much better. I 'think' they're all owned by the same company tho. So...
    YW, Boattrader, and Boats.com are all owned by boatsgroup. The sites all suck - some more than others. I used to say that the only thing they did efficiently was the billing. They can't even get that right anymore. I haven't received an invoice since early January 2023. Their online billing portal says that I owe them $3,700 but there are no corresponding invoices or statements to detail the charges. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay any balance due without an invoice.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by jap201 View Post

Thanks for the trick. I’ll try that. I enjoy seeing cool ideas on other boats.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

It seems to me that it is getting harder to use rather than easier!

Yeah, I'm going with its a 100% POS useless site. 100% sucks.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

On THT someone mentioned a yachtworld alternative.

https://www.yachtr.com/

Seems legit. Also I did a search for 46 Hatteras. There is an 83 just like mine for only $60K. Weird thing is that the 8-92's are rated at only 362HP. Hours are 1100 so seems like when rebuilt they were detuned. Cruise is reported to be same as what I run but top speed much lower. Who knows. Might be of interest to anyone looking.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

That looks like a new name for an MLS site run by the yacht brokers association.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

They´re now killing it for many brokers by getting too greedy. A frind of mine from Italy just told me he´s closing his account because they now want to charge like 25.000,-USD per year. Not possible for small offices!
    Guess we will see a shift away from boats group soon...