Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"My Emeralds" Extended 82' Hatteras MY 1977

Does anyone know who owns this boat currently? She was sold in 2013 in Virginia as "My Emeralds".
    I'm told she has changed hands again - maybe twice. Former name was "Moonbeam"
    I have this nice framed photo that I would like to pass on to her owner. Anyone know her?
    Attached Images
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Re: "My Emeralds" Extended 82' Hatteras MY 1977

Eric, call the boatyard in Titusville Fl that is right next to the municipal marina. When we stayed ther a year ago that boat was at the long dock there having work done on it, so I would hope the yard would have the owners info.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

OMG. I swear I saw this same framed photo recently and thought the same thing about it. Where did you come across it?
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

Quote Originally Posted by ageless View Post
    OMG. I swear I saw this same framed photo recently and thought the same thing about it. Where did you come across it?
    I bought it off the net a few years ago. I'm trying to pare down my "collection".
    Eric

I saw this boat up close when I lived in Tidewater, VA- either in Norfolk or Portsmouth. She belonged to the family that owned Albano Cleaners, which I think was a chain of shops down there. As I recall, very well kept and clean.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    I bought it off the net a few years ago. I'm trying to pare down my "collection".
    Weird. I'm not sure why this looks so familiar.
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

Quote Originally Posted by ageless View Post
    Weird. I'm not sure why this looks so familiar.
    Perhaps you are meant to have it. Pay the shipping and I'll send it to you.
    Eric

Was it not on yacht world not too long ago, listed at a very low price and was for sale a long time. Maybe just the same name.

Walt Hoover

I don’t remember what year it was but the Series one 70 was the committee boat for the Americas cup race in Newport Ri. I saw it on its way up and at the time it was huge. I believe it was the larges production fiberglass boat at that time. Took up almost the entire fuel dock at Cape Island marina in Cape May. It was accompanied by a 53 and 45c that had towing bits mounted in the cockpits to tow out the race boats. As a kid that was Hatteras crazy it was a real treat to see
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

I always thought that the 70 Hatteras was a great boat. They held their price well too . Although the series one looks better, I would now rather have the later ‘house boat’ style. Also I think that a 12 foot extension is too much. Maybe the running gear was extended, but I doubt it. I have heard that extensions should be limited to 10% of hull length.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL