Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hatteras Video

Hatteras Video

For those of you who like watching YouTube videos about Hatteras Yachts try In To Deep. This guy on here is young and crazy and just got a hold of a hurricane damaged 1968 50 MY with 5.9 Cummins Diesels. He is going to fix it up and cruise it. Should be interesting.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Re: Hatteras Video

I have followed Gus since he started out from Maine last year , He has a lot of irons in the fire .. living the life at a young age.
    Admiral-- Marilyn
    Captain--James
    1980 43 DC Hull#526
    Twin DD 671 TI

link?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    link?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6TA5WvUw_s&t=2159s

About the 50MY starts around 35 minutes in.
    Admiral-- Marilyn
    Captain--James
    1980 43 DC Hull#526
    Twin DD 671 TI

I’ve been following him as well—I believe he has signed up here but may not have posted yet

Someone put a bunch of work into that boat at some point. The veneer work around the windshields and engine room hallway is impressive. I think I'd just remove that bridge instead of fixing it. The biggest job will be glassing that hardtop back together.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Great video, thanks for sharing a John. Boy to be that age in that ambitious I would love to be there again.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Great to watch. Refreshing after seeing a stream of young people using boats as a means of gaining online attention. No sincerity. This guy is different. Hope it lasts. This brought back that feeling of adventure when we started the refit. Now, just shake our heads and mutter... "never again". Best of luck to him. I'd ditch the bridge too.

What you all said. I hope he's able to complete it. Well worth restoring.

He’s just released the second video, I continue to be really impressed with his drive and his work ethic. He will get this vessel back to the condition she deserves to be in and his love for the old girl is very evident.

https://youtu.be/qAYo16VgkS8