Bumps is more like it. In the decks. When I bought Esperanza I noticed a raised 3-5" bump in the cockpit floor. Looked underneath and no sign of anything. Figured that since Capt. Dave didn't mention it that it was just a less then perfect repair job. Year or so later a guy with a 52 the same vintage asked me to look at his deck. He has a bubble on either side of the cockpit same area as where Mine is. We both have no idea. Neither his nor mine ever changed in size and none sound hollow.

A few weeks ago I notices a bubble under my stb side front cleat. Uh-Oh! but it is solid sounding. May have always been like this and I just noticed as the sun was going down. So I go to investigate today and try to drill up with a 1/8" bit to see if there is wet wood but that's a no go. Huge aluminum backing plate imbedded in the glass. I guess I will pull it off and re-bed the cleat and bolts. If it's wet on top I'll figure out a way to dry it out. But maybe not. Anyone have insight on this? 1983 vintage.