Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1974 Extended Triple Cabin

Thirty Thousand in 10s and 20s. No more stories. yachtsman36@charter.net
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Re: 1974 Extended Triple Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by No control View Post
    That's her. But she has apparetly become un-sold.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    That's her. But she has apparetly become un-sold.
    No mention of how big the steering wheel is or what color the compass is = no sale.

Quote Originally Posted by No control View Post
    No mention of how big the steering wheel is or what color the compass is = no sale.
    I believe that the buyer had a health issue and Yachtsman Bill was kind enough to let him out of the purchase.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    I believe that the buyer had a health issue and Yachtsman Bill was kind enough to let him out of the purchase.
    That I was unaware of. I was making a reference to an earlier post in a different thread where YB had announced an open house on the same boat and expressed a lack of patience for questions such as, "how big is the steering wheel" and "what color is the compass."

The 58TC is one of my favorite Hatteras shapes and that cockpit is the real icing on the cake. Not that I'm even remotely close to being serious about that boat, but out of curiosity, ballpark on the money needed for a DIY'er to get the inside of that thing up to par with the average clean Hatteras of the same era? I know what it would cost if it were a house of that square footage, but get mixed messages on boats... I see videos on YouTube of kids doing it themselves to 50 year old sailboats with decent results, and then I see posts with people saying that an interior refit is easily in the six figure range.

Eric would be a good one to comment on that question about the interior, since he's done several boats over including interiors. I think doing the interior over is one of the least expensive refits you can do on a boat, certainly much cheaper than a repower or an AwlGrip job., or a new set of electronics.

Thanks for sharing some civilty guys! The boats been all over FB and CL and all Ive gotten in return is from armchair admirals, exspurts, and HATERS (the worst). Geez, that almost spells HATTERAS. Hmmm... So put the ear plugs in Jim... The fuggers come out of the wood work pretending to be Naval Architects, or they designed the space shuttle or wind tunnel aerospace design engineers and beat me up on this boat. Last fall it was a give away at 50K with a ton of HATE. Dropped it down to 30K and it was hated even more. Now its down to $28,750.00 and Im being called a scammer or a liar of which I am NONE. POTTY MOUTH maybe, but a liar or a cheat... Meet me in person ya bassturds! The boat was put away with the intention of bringing it north the following season. I couldnt afford it. It went sold,cancelled, sold, cancelled, sold, cancelled, more times than I can recall. Its getting really close to the point of making a donation so all he nay-sayers can look at it for 75K. The last chance for gas for the next 200 miles is HERE for 25K. Period. 1000 gallons of fuel aboard, fresh oil changes, and needs a complete set of batteries. WWGD? (what would gramma do)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 02-10-2023 at 10:22 AM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Bill, pottymouth or not, we still love you and I am sorry you are getting diddled around by all these lightweights. I wish I had the cure for that. Maybe donating it IS the best choice, but I know you'd rather sell it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Pictures?