Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hynautic H42-04S rebuild kit?

Looking for a part number for a rebuild kit for the Hynautic H42-04S pump. I researched and saw a post by "Southern Comfort" on here who has the same pump and vessel (1985 61 MY) that he had one and the recommended kit number HS-04 did not fit his unit, however he did not elaborate on which kit did in fact work and he has not been active since 2016...

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
    1985 61MY #369 / Redonna Gail / N Myrtle Beach SC

Re: Hynautic H42-04S rebuild kit?

The new owners of Hynautic is Dometic.
    To make this more painful, Dumbetic does not believe in fixing it yourself (DIY).

My notes show the HS-04 Kit is the H40- H45 pump kit.
    Check for PM

Contact Marine Control Systems Inc , they are in Franklin , NC 828-508-4201 , email is
    marinecontrol@frontier.com . I have had good service from them and he will help you with advice and parts for DIY .By the way , the steering unit , ( pump) needs to be disassembled from the rear . Reading comments here it seems some try to pry seals out from the front with predictable bad results.
    Last edited by jmooney; 01-31-2023 at 12:27 PM.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

They're dicks. I have a leaking steering ram and when I called was told I had to send them the ram and they would rebuild it, they wouldn't just sell me the seals. The marina says they have the same problem with them nowadays and are sending it to a local hydraulic shop who's going to re-seal it.

I bought my H4 seal kit from Sams Marine. Wound up having to send it to Southern Charm as I could never get it to turn freely. I have a post somewhere on here about that.