Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: RR bridge in Stuart to be locked DOWN for 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired1 View Post
    You are totally missing the point. Every time there’s an accident the roads are shut down for hours, and in many cases the next east-west crossing is many miles away! There was a incredibly high (in thousands) amount of drug over dose deaths in Broward and Palm Beach County in just 2022, and those idiots live sometimes 75’ from the tracks. Apartments on one side-the corner store on the other. I mean, those fools who built this thing surely had to have a clue who lived there? Tri-Rail and Amtrak doesn’t have these problems because their tracks are west of the urban core, and have fencing, plus do not require any bridges to be opened for their trains. The one up the New River that parallels I-95 has more than 7’ clearance when closed. Plus that one is new.
    Once the slower members of the herd is thinned out, road shut downs will be less often.

I have the same attitude to drug abusers. Give it to them to avoid crime while that heard is thinning them selves.

It's free housing 75 feet from the tracks. They can leave any time they want.

I'm certainly not a fan of this new rail.
    It was truly; the whims of the few out weigh the needs of the many, that pushed for this rail.
    Further re-enforced by the high caliber of folks that fell for it and voted for the rail.

But this rail here and not going away. So until the heard settle down, thin out or move out,, Until the offended feeds (leads) the herds away from the tracks,, this is all moot.

In the mean time, The boating community, despite remaining the largest tax income contributor to the coffers, does what it does best;
    Bends Over And Takes-it..
    Last edited by Captain Ralph; 02-04-2023 at 05:02 AM.

[QUOTE=Pascal;425626]
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired1 View Post
    You are totally missing the point. Every time there’s an accident the roads are shut down for hours! There was a incredibly high (in thousands) amount of drug over dose deaths in Broward and Palm Beach County in just 2022, and those idiots live sometimes 75’ from the tracks. Apartments on one side-the corner store on the other. I mean, those fools who built this thing surely had to have a clue who lived there? Tri-Rail and Amtrak doesn’t have these problems because their tracks are west of the urban core, and have fencing, plus do not require any bridges to be opened for their trains.
    Tracks run right through downtown FtPierce Vero and Gifford. Not west of town here. No stops anywhere near here. It looks like it’s designed for the commuter criminals that go to Orlando to rob people and go home to So Fla at night. I’ve heard it’s named the Travon express
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

I thought this was a thread about a bridge closure that will affect boat traffic. This has gone sideways like a THT thread.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

4. Re: RR bridge in Stuart to be locked DOWN for 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    I thought this was a thread about a bridge closure that will affect boat traffic. This has gone sideways like a THT thread.
    Not at all, the same companies effect more than just bridge closures.

Now THATS hilarious!!!
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

Is this the rail bridge that is closing?

FL—St Lucie RR Bridge to Close for Repairs:
    See the below update from a local marina manager.
    From: Matthew Moritz <matt@sunsetbaymarinaandanchorage.com> Date: Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 9:02 AM
    Subject: St. Lucie River FEC Railroad Drawbridge Closure 5/1 - 5/21
    Starting May 1st at 6 Am until May 21st, the St Lucie River Railroad Bridge will be closed for repairs.

Prior to the full-time navigational closure on the 1st, there will be nighttime closures to vessel traffic starting on April 19th, where the FEC railroad drawbridge will be closed from 8 pm to 6 am, at which time the bridge will operate normally. Upon reopening of the bridge to vessel traffic, there will be an additional period of nighttime closures for approximately 7 days, or May 22nd to 28th, from 8 pm to 6 am.

UPDATE! I made my reservations at Pirates Cove for the 23rd, 2 days after the bridge should be opened back up. Asked what they knew about the closure dates. Was told nothing is official yet and coast guard has not given permission for the 3 week closure. Expecting a night time closure but not a 3 week solid closure of a major waterway. Fingers crossed. It's like closing I-95 for 3 weeks. Think this will go the boaters way as they built a bridge over a navigable waterway. I hope as I would rather cross earlier in May.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

8. Re: RR bridge in Stuart to be locked DOWN for 3 weeks.

UPDATE! I made my reservations at Pirates Cove for the 23rd, 2 days after the bridge should be opened back up. Asked what they knew about the closure dates. Was told nothing is official yet and coast guard has not given permission for the 3 week closure. Expecting a night time closure but not a 3 week solid closure of a major waterway. Fingers crossed. It's like closing I-95 for 3 weeks. Think this will go the boaters way as they built a bridge over a navigable waterway. I hope as I would rather cross earlier in May.
    That person is wrong. On 2/17 The Coast Guard gave permission for the three week closure. Congressman Brian Mast has the letter from the Coast Guard posted. Just Google it.
    Also know that when Brightline was seeking permission to run their trains, they PROMISED to build a taller new bridge. They lied. Also know that they assured that their scheme would be finished by 2014. As of today it’s not. Now they say 2024. Grupo Mexico owns the tracks, and (it seems to change daily) that either a Japanese Bank, or China, OR a Arab King owns the trains. They’re as transparent as granite. Our own US Congressman, Senators, and State officials are stonewalled. Can you say East Palestine Ohio?
    Last edited by Retired1; 02-19-2023 at 09:40 PM.

So will it be open to pass on the 22nd?
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

10. Re: RR bridge in Stuart to be locked DOWN for 3 weeks.

So will it be open to pass on the 22nd?
    Google “ Brian Mast Stuart Bridge closure”