Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hatteras extruded aluminum window gasket/dust seal

Gentlemen I am doing a lot of work on Maggie Mae and need to replace these dust seal gaskets around the windows. These are original window front and side lower helm frames for an 1980 53MY. Does anyone know where I can get that gasket material? I have put in an inquiry to Sams but not sure that is their jam.
    Attached Images
    J R McCoy-100 Ton Master1980 53my-“Maggie Mae”Hull #576 Charleston, SC- Isle of Palms

Re: Hatteras extruded aluminum window gasket/dust seal

I'm pretty sure they have this seal, or used to. I'd suggest calling them directly if you've not heard back. If it's what I think it is, I got it from them a few years back. Good luck.

They do, please don’t buy all of it. I have all three of my front pilot house windows out for resealing and glass replacement. So I’ll need some as well.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

I also have to replace two of my three windshields so ….
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

I just replaced those gaskets on two of my windows today. Sam's has what you need. Its best to also dig out the old caulk, install the gasket, and then squeeze new caulk under the gasket. I've done 11 of them that way and all are doing fine with no leaks. I used Dowsil structural silicone under those gaskets.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI