o.k. dreaming a little here. Our plan is to somehow eventually get our 53 down south somewhere, like Florida, the keys or the Caribbean. Not rich, and will have a limited retirement budget.

I've been researching docominium's and/or a slip/dock to rent. Both are outrageously priced in the keys. I called on a 53 for sale down in Key West and he said his dock rent was $2500 a month.

The other issue is we really want to be able to cruise the Caribbean islands and who know were else.

So having a permanent port only partially makes sense. Short term dock fees can really add up fast too while traveling.

Just wondering how feasible it is to stay out on the hook or in mooring fields? Availability in the Caribbean or Bahamas?

What are the pro's and cons? I know we would have to do something better with invertors / possibly solar power etc. Dog's would be an issue / pain in the rear to take to land to let them do there thing too.

Just looking for your experiences in traveling / and or staying somewhere for an extended period of time?

Thank you!