Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

50 amp power cord 3 wire 6awg splice kit

Does anyone know where I can purchase a splice kit just like the Gardner Bender HST-1300, to connect two new cables which are the 50 AMP 250v/125v power cord. I have searched the web without success. My alternative is to use three 6awg metal sleeves and insulate, however, I have the Glendinning cable master and would like to stay within the threshold cable diameter. See the photo, that is what I am trying to replicate with the 6AWG wire size.

Best,
    Jackpot
    Attached Images
    Jackpot

98 43' CNV # 27

Re: 50 amp power cord 3 wire 6awg splice kit

How long will the new cable be? Are you sure your cable master will be able to handle the extra length? I have used 75’ in a cable master but I m not sure there is room much more unless the tub is way below the motor itself.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Pascal,
    Back to the original 75' length....actually it will be a net of 65'. I am surprised I can not locate a splice kit (inline like the HST-1300)
    Jackpot

98 43' CNV # 27

The 120/240-50A cable will need 4, #6 butt crimps. If your using a 240Vac transformer on board, then you just need a 3 conductor 240 cable.

I worry that a underground splice kit will instill issues and would suggest a one piece cord or a nice extension cable with proper weather resistant locking ring.

Glendinning can sell one piece cables to 100 feet with molded-on plug either way'
    Last edited by Captain Ralph; 01-29-2023 at 11:55 AM.

Don't do it.

Get a new cable of the correct length and head design. The cable master uses specific lengths and ends to function correctly and splicing is a bad idea.

I replace many cables. There is a certain length and diameter for the unit that we stick to so we don't have problems.

If your cable is 10 years old or starting to go bad just get a whole new assembly.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

The cable master wheels are adjustable to different size cables.

Thank you guys for your input, Jackpot
    Jackpot

98 43' CNV # 27