Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Old Jack Hargrave designs--not Hatteras

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    beautiful boats. So nice and majestic. I won't even go to boat shows anymore. They are now RV's on the water. Sure still probably some fine boats being built these days but not at the St Pete boat show. I am glad I own 2 classic pieces of history. Well 3 if I count my 68 Firebird which is coming out awesome. Maybe 4 if I count myself. But I'm a relic and certainly not majestic!
    There are still some good looking boats being built…. Vicem, Hinckley, Sabre, just to name a few but they re more of a niche market. If you haven’t seen any of the new crop of UHV that are becoming popular in the 60-120’ segment… be prepared to be shocked. Ultra High Volume. Makes a Carver mariner looks elegant.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

You’re right Pascal, and hardly anything inside that resembles wood
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    There are still some good looking boats being built…. Vicem, Hinckley, Sabre, just to name a few but they re more of a niche market. If you haven’t seen any of the new crop of UHV that are becoming popular in the 60-120’ segment… be prepared to be shocked. Ultra High Volume. Makes a Carver mariner looks elegant.
    We slip next to Hinckley. Surprisingly low-key yard for what they produce. Sabre is there too. Great lines. We went aboard a Vicem for the first time this fall. Felt like a teenage crush for about 5 minutes. Great bang for the buck. Beautiful boats.

The Vicem are the only production boats that I know of that are cold molded construction, which scares off some buyers who think they are wood boats.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.