Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Old Jack Hargrave designs--not Hatteras

Saw these on ebay. Pretty neat read. I'm sure some of you old time Floridians will fill me in on the history of Lantana.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13441859513...mis&media=COPY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13441859735...mis&media=COPY

hargrave1.jpg

hargrave2.jpg
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 01-22-2023 at 07:23 PM.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: Old Jack Hargrave designs--not Hatteras

Sky Cheney

Nice fine. Never heard of these before. Note the wider beam than his Hatteras designs
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I think the first fiberglass Matthews MYs were actually built by Halmatic in the UK. They might have been Hargrave designs as well, I'm not certain. Handsome boats, as is this one.

For a while, mid/late 80s, Alloy Strikers was to be built there also. Sadly, dont know if any, ever were.

I had a 44' Striker; it was built by a Norwegian company named Fjellstrand Aluminum Yachts. There were documents in the vessel stating this. It may still be around, for all I know. Sturdy boat, but LOUD underway and cold and damp in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    I think the first fiberglass Matthews MYs were actually built by Halmatic in the UK. They might have been Hargrave designs as well, I'm not certain. Handsome boats, as is this one.
    My 46' Matthews 1970 was a Hargrave design, hull built by Halmatic in England to Lloyds specs. It was a handsome, wonderful pedigreed boat. But my 1966 Hatteras 41 TCMY is better.
    Attached Images
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Nice fine. Never heard of these before. Note the wider beam than his Hatteras designs
    One of these Hargrave designs usually lies at the Biscayne Bay yacht club, it is featured in the Hargrave book . It was built in Lantana and its original name was Joe Boy , it’s called Albacore now , it is unique in that it only has a helm on the fly bridge. What would be a lower helm is a lounge that is open to the lower salon. Beautiful looking boat . I am referring to the aluminum Ranger design.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

Quote Originally Posted by jmooney View Post
    One of these Hargrave designs usually lies at the Biscayne Bay yacht club, it is featured in the Hargrave book . It was built in Lantana and its original name was Joe Boy , it’s called Albacore now , it is unique in that it only has a helm on the fly bridge. What would be a lower helm is a lounge that is open to the lower salon. Beautiful looking boat . I am referring to the aluminum Ranger design.
    Is this the one?

https://www.northropandjohnson.com/y...tar-92-lantana

Sky Cheney

10. Re: Old Jack Hargrave designs--not Hatteras

[QUOTE=SKYCHENEY;425276]Is this the one?

https://www.northropandjohnson.com/y...tar-92-lantana

[/BEAUTIFUL!