Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Safe Harbor info?

I imagine this story is repeated elsewhere, with other marinas, but the investment they are looking to make in this marina that is somewhat local to me is huge:

https://rcbizjournal.com/2022/12/07/...terfront-site/
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

So if the locals subsidized the sale will they get affordable dockage?

It's a other round of political bs. We can use your money to build a facility you can not afford to use.

Shame on the people who allow this.

If the company can't afford to buy it don't help them with other people's money.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I am currently staying at a Safe Harbor Marina in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. I don’t like the idea of big business having a monopoly or close on slips. But I have to say this marina is very nice and very well managed.

Interesting fact about Safe Harbor, when they bought the boat yard here in SD one of the guys working in the yard had his wife die suddenly and Safe Harbor gave him $10,000 to help with funeral and other expenses, which really impressed the other yard workers. I know this is true because the yard manager told me about it.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by motoryacht lover View Post
    I am currently staying at a Safe Harbor Marina in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. I don’t like the idea of big business having a monopoly or close on slips. But I have to say this marina is very nice and very well managed.
    Motoryacht....are you at the Safe Harbour Marina in North Palm Beach just south of Parker Bridge? I know there is a Loggerhead Marina further north in Palm Bach Gardens. Is there another Safe Harbour?
    If you're at the North Palm Beach one, can you tell me anything about seasonal availability?
    Thx

I don't think he's there anymore, but Potts was the real deal when it came to being a boater. https://lsc-pagepro.mydigitalpublica...articleBrowser
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Motoryacht....are you at the Safe Harbour Marina in North Palm Beach just south of Parker Bridge? I know there is a Loggerhead Marina further north in Palm Bach Gardens. Is there another Safe Harbour?
    If you're at the North Palm Beach one, can you tell me anything about seasonal availability?
    Thx

I just left the one they call Safe Harbor Old Port Cove. This is the one if you are heading N on the ICW you would turn STBD before the draw bridge. The other one Safe Harbor North Palm Beach is right on the ICW just before the bridge. I can’t tell you anything about availability accept they had to squeeze me in as a transient. Very nice marina that I would return to.

Right now I am looking at going into a Safe Harbor Marina. Their dockage and storage is no more than anywhere else and I get the added benefits when I travel. They appear very well run and have happy employees.
    They do require insurance and it does not look more onerous than anywhere else in our area.

I looked at a boat in a Safe Harbor near Destin. It looked like a nice place,club house area, amenities and pool all well kept. There was a restaurant which I think was contracted out. I asked about rates, it was 1200.00 a month plus metered power.

Walt Hoover

I’ve been slipping with Safe Harbor Grand Isle Michigan for about 6 years. I’d like to say all is well and it mostly is but….. the influx of cash has turned our marina into a construction zone for the last 3 years. There are still plenty of upgrades needed. Wi-Fi is one of them. We have no internet. The management are pretty decent to us yet they do tend to nickel and dime us. Without a pool, laundry, internet and no reduction in costs for slip rental it’s been a tough pill to swallow. To be fair the current construction that has been underway for 2 years is expected to be done by spring. We’ve heard that story too many times to believe it. Buying fuel at cost and free transient slips at SHM when traveling is a new benefit this year. Over all I’d say no better or worse than any other corporate marine
    SummerWind
    1994 Hatteras
    48 cockpit motoryacht
    Muskegon, Mi

youtube.com/@greatlakesyachting