Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Anyone Know "Main Event" 1978 53c in Clearwater?

Classic Frank Gordon listing!
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

Quote Originally Posted by drburke View Post
    I agree with you. Yachtworld has ad up but only 4 of his 16 pictures:
    https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/197...tible-8563717/
    Stuff like this kills me... Here, you have what looks like a relatively nice boat and only show four low res pictures. Meanwhile, Pop Yachts has 200 pictures of some floating dumpster that's one owner away from being sunk in the mangroves.

With the MAN V-10 (in fact 1050hp each) engines this boat should be a real beast, great engines and incredibly durable. With reasonable maintenance (cleaning the aftercoolers every 2400hrs, doing the injectors every 1200hrs, keeping up with the oil change interval and so on these are 8.000 hour-engines at least before they need big things done.And if fuel costs is an issue think about buying a GB with twin Lehmanns and stay clear from sportfishing boats.

If I was concerned about fuel costs, I'd still buy the Hatt SF over a trawler and run it slow. The fuel economy will be the same but you'll have better accommodations, more range, bigger tanks, more storage, and a better ride. It's still a screamer if you want to get out of a storm or an LRC if you want to conserve; the best of both worlds. And you can fish off of it.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI