Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone Know "Main Event" 1978 53c in Clearwater?

A buddy was asking me about the boat. It's got Manns with a little over 3000hrs. Price is good. Interior looks great, exterior needs paint. He was talking about me heading down to look with him. I didn't want to waste a trip if anyone knew the boat.

Thanks

Re: Anyone Know "Main Event" 1978 53c in Clearwater?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Chad View Post
    A buddy was asking me about the boat. It's got Manns with a little over 3000hrs. Price is good. Interior looks great, exterior needs paint. He was talking about me heading down to look with him. I didn't want to waste a trip if anyone knew the boat.

Thanks
    With Mann R600's??

They are MANs with about 1000-1100 hp..... it is on one of the FB pages as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    They are MANs with about 1000-1100 hp..... it is on one of the FB pages as well.
    I never understand the secrets.
    Can anybody just post the web page to the ad??

Why do I need to search for the page(s) that your are asking about??

F B??
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Captain Ralph; 01-05-2023 at 09:24 PM.

Ralph, he sent me a FB post. I don't know how to link a FB post.

But I actually asked if anyone knew the boat. As in, stepped on it, underway on it, etc. I never asked you to search for it online.

Oh, I'm not anybody wanting to help?? or just to find out what your looking at? Your post/question goes to all members. Ya think we could be interested in what your looking at?
    Naw, I'm not going to search FB. I have learned NOW, not to be in a hurry to help if it a private question or query.
    Excuse the &&*( from me.
    Last edited by Captain Ralph; 01-05-2023 at 10:43 PM.

Ok. It's on Facebook on the sportfishing classifieds.

But I still don't know how to post a FB link.

Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    It's a private group that requires you join to see any posts. If the seller was serious about selling, interested parties shouldn't have to go on a magical treasure hunt to find the listing.

I’ve seen the ad boat looks like it’s ready for a six figure paint job. It should scream with those mans but they are extremely expensive to maintain and parts need to come from Germany. Break something and Otto is going to tell you it’s 54 weeks to get your part. He thinks that’s a good price? I’m shocked anyone can even give convertibles away in this market with the fuel costs.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present