Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tender Tow Line

Re: Tender Tow Line

Funny, didn’t know they did tow lines. I had them make a few polished stainless wind screen supports for my fly bridge. I’ll agree, first rate.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

We towed a BW 21 Montauk behind our 43 Convertible to and from the Bahamas. We reinforced the tow eye and got our tow line from Miami Cordage. They know what they're doing and will counsel you appropriately having regard to intended use.

i made a bridle out of 3/4 nylon that i had left over from making dock lines, made the tow line from 1/2 nylon that i had laying around. has worked great for about 10 years, if i do it again i will use the yellow poly so it floats. never had a problem until the last time i towed the dinghy for an overnight trip, overnight some time the dinghy must have swung around and the 1/2 line got wrapped around the prop shaft if the hatt... i had to untie it and drop the end in the water to pull it free
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.