Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

General Contractor NY/NJ

Hi Y'all,

My wife and I just purchased a 1982 53' Hatteras MY. It's in generally great shape, but we have many things to learn still and there are various projects we'd like to undertake. Unfortunately, the local ship services center at Liberty Landing (Jersey City) is overbooked, and we're struggling to get any real support.

Does anyone know of a good marine technician in NY / NJ that could help with things like engine work and interior-izing the enclosed aft deck?

Thanks!
    Curtis

2. Re: General Contractor NY/NJ

Staten Island Yacht Sales is a pretty big operation who’s service department could (hopefully) point you in the right direction if you visited them in person and slipped hundred dollar bills around. There’s several boatyards on City Island in the Bronx, worth the drive just to eat lunch at one of the many spectacular restaurants there.
    As aside, the reason I sold a inherited house in Alabama, and reluctantly had to pass on a steal of a deal on a beautiful property in rural Georgia-was that there were zero competent workers available anywhere who weren’t totally booked for years, as the local governments had cracked down on landlords who rented to anyone without a green card. Workers I had in Florida were like “hell no, we heard about those places”. Available workers (and good water) are things people should first factor in when moving anywhere new.
    Good luck.