Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Source for wood rail and corner piece

Anyone know of a source for the wood rail corner piece for an old Hatteras 41TC? I need to replace one section of the wood rail including one corner that was lost in Ian.

I've already checked with Sam's and no luck.

Re: Source for wood rail and corner piece

Railings aren't really something a parts supplier like Sam's would stock. The carpentry shop at any full-service marina does those all the time, that's where you get them. Be prepared to sand and stain the entire railing or it won't match though, I've been through that.

Quote Originally Posted by cww View Post
    Railings aren't really something a parts supplier like Sam's would stock. The carpentry shop at any full-service marina does those all the time, that's where you get them. Be prepared to sand and stain the entire railing or it won't match though, I've been through that.
    Thanks.

Yeah, I figured I'll be sanding a bunch. Hoping to find a metal corner to match though. Else I guess I'll just have the metal corners on the one that's still complete and convert to all wood on the lower rail. I was able to get the metal door/hinge pieces from Sam's a year or so back.

Can you attach a photo of the corner that you’re looking for?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I guess it would have helped to include a picture. Thanks for reminding me.
    Attached Images

Thats the same piece used on the 41 Double Cabin Motor Yacht. Probably the 38 too. Good luck.

Thanks. Thought I had a line on one....but turned out to be a rip off. New user on the board....got me for $125. Starting to talk to fabricators now.

On this board?
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

My Dad passed away so I have been cleaning out his garage/warehouse. I ran across the corner pieces and rail that you need. I put some Ospho on it to see how well it would clean up. It would need to be re-plated. I don’t know how much wood railing that you need but there’s about 5-6’ of wood railing on either side of the corner piece. If you still need it send me your contact info and I’ll send you some pictures. I’ll even throw in a hull if you need a spare.
    Last edited by dsharp; 02-06-2023 at 02:57 PM.

Hi Dsharp. Yes, definitely interested. Reach me at heusdecw@gmail.com.

I have some mahogany railing on the way from a stair company, but not sure if it'll match. I was able to patch some sections together so I think 5-6' would work splendidly!

Thanks!