Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Source for wood rail and corner piece

Someone I won't mention private messaged me with an email to contact joeschmoe@....he has the part.

Wrote said joe and he said yes...he has the part. We agreed on a price based on some other parts I'd bought from Sam's - including $25 for shipping and he gave me his son's Paypal. Said when I sent him proof payment he'd ship the part that day. When I got to the boat two weeks later....no part. I emailed him and he did respond once.....probably a delay due to Ian effects. Waited a couple of more weeks and still nothing. Ignored any requests for tracking info. Wrote to the "son's" Paypal and claims that account was closed a year ago (though it still took the payment).

I've written it off. Take away is beware of new members who magically have what you need even though they have no history on the board.

I only go out to the warehouse on weekends. I’ll take some pictures Saturday and email them to you. How many of the metal pieces do you need? Where are you located? I’m about 45 miles south of Houston. Duh! I read the first post as to location.
    Last edited by dsharp; 02-08-2023 at 10:03 PM.

Did you report this to the administrator so his account could be blocked.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Please file a scam claim with pay-pal.

Quote Originally Posted by dsharp View Post
    I only go out to the warehouse on weekends. I’ll take some pictures Saturday and email them to you. How many of the metal pieces do you need? Where are you located? I’m about 45 miles south of Houston. Duh! I read the first post as to location.
    Thanks. I only need one corner piece on the port side lower rail (I believe they are all the same). Was able to find the rest.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Did you report this to the administrator so his account could be blocked.
    I did not. I'll try and figure out how to do that now....update - done.
    Last edited by Heusdecw; 02-09-2023 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Please file a scam claim with pay-pal.
    Tried....but paid as "friends and family" so say I have no recourse. Hopefully they noted it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Heusdecw View Post
    Tried....but paid as "friends and family" so say I have no recourse. Hopefully they noted it though.
    Oh Sheet,
    Sorry about that.

Please PM me with the information on the scammer so I can throw them off the forum and block them.

Check your email. I can’t add damn pics from my phone