Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: My Dockage went up how much?

50’ minimum @ $22 = $1100
    $300 “Crew Charge”
    $1400 x .07 tax = $98
    Total per month - $1498.00
    Living on the water? Priceless!

I need a drink..

I just saw $4.09 for diesel in Chicago . We are at $3.49 just 60 miles down the river.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal
    $3.10 a gal here, a little more at other fuel docks, a little less at the truck...

Miami BEach marina now advertises REASONABLE rates of $20 annually, $40 seasonal ! at DKM I'm paying $17 incl a live aboard surcharge but that's with a city residnent of 25%... (municipal marina). Add to that outrageous insurance premiums, you really have to love boating !

ridiculous... if it wasn't for the kids or my girlfriend, i'd seriously consider moving out of florida...
    You might find it very hard to find another state where you could have your boat in the water and use it all year. Even Houston gets cold as hell sometimes in winter and summers there are hell. Florida is pretty nice Pascal. It is just a shame that everyone is moving there from everywhere in the US.

4. Re: My Dockage went up how much?

When we were there in Ft. Lauderdale, both my dad and I about had a stroke looking at the price of fuel at the marina. They say that you can get it cheaper from Peterson Fuel (petersonfuel.com), but their website says they are 24/7 and they are not. They actually dont run often enough or are not around most of the time on Friday afternoon through the weekend in Ft. Lauderdale. We tried to get htem to wokr both in the afternoon and evening and tey were not avaliable. They soposedly had fuel for 2.35, but it is only good if you can get it.
    Pat Bustle
    Palmetto, Florida
    1984 38 Topaz Express "Aranmore"
    Broker, United Yacht Sales
    Visit My Website

Fuel prices from the last two weeks of travelling down the west coast and around the Keys:

Tampa Yacht Club $3.13
    Naples Municipal $3.18
    Key West Conch Harbour $3.38
    Plantation Key Yacht Ctr. $2.83
    Key Biscayne YC $2.89

Sorry to hear the price in Fort Lauderdale because that is the next stop.

Anybody know where the best buy is north of Fort Lauderdale but before entering the Okeechobee Waterway?

Bruce

iI was talking to friend the other day who had just visited So. California. Evidently the dockage is now 2500.00...........................a month!!!!! Huntington Beach must be real nice for that!......................ouch!!!......Pat

I keep my 36 out in Montauk NY, last summer I paid $6000 for the season may thru Oct. and when the it came time for winter storage the marina where I keep it wasn't ready, (laying down new rock in the parking lot), so I was stuck where I was for the summer about two weeks longer than the contract date so they just decided to send me a bill for $15/day for electric on a boat that I wasn't even on then threatend me with a lien if i don't pay. So I not so politely told the general manager on the phone when he called me a week before Christmas to take their contract and thier marina .....you get the idea. I am no longer docked there, no surprise, but I think soon I will be priced right out of my boat. By the way the marina is in MONTUAK and it is the only YACHT CLUB out there, not to mention any names.

8. Re: My Dockage went up how much?

If you're going around Tampa my suggestion for fuel is to stop at the Clearwater City Marina.

They have consistently had the cheapest fuel anywhere around that general part of the state, and its well-worth planning to hit 'em for a full tank if you get anywhere near there.

Nice (and well-protected) place to hit as a transient too.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Anybody know where the best buy is north of Fort Lauderdale but before entering the Okeechobee Waterway?

Bruce[/QUOTE]

Bruce any of the marina's in Manatee Pocket (stuart FL) are good, Use Sailfish Marina. after that you have Riverwatch Marina which i can recommend, we kept the boat there for 3 yrs and could not afford his prices then Indiantown, not sure about them.

10. Re: My Dockage went up how much?

Freestyle,
    Make sure you contact Peterson Fuel (www.petersonfuel.com) before you go on to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami and schedule them to deliver fuel to you. If you have more time than I had and are able to work their schedule, then you will save mucho money on fuel. There is also a company called Admiral Oil in south Florida (www.admiraloil.com) they deliver by truck. This may save you some money, I was not able to coordinate with them to deliver fuel. Good Luck, get fuel in the keys before you go on to there since it is cheaper in Islamorada than in Ft. Lauderdale.
    Pat Bustle
    Palmetto, Florida
    1984 38 Topaz Express "Aranmore"
    Broker, United Yacht Sales
    Visit My Website