Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

It's that time again

I'm in the yard.
    Bottom paint/propspeed, new ducer, all new fuel lines for the gens/priming system, painting the decks, and a new dinghy cradle.
    I hauled at "Big Corporate" (formerly Shelter Island Boatyard) and see only minimal changes. The personnel, prices, and policies seem to be the same.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

Re: It's that time again

Dave,
    Great to hear she is ready for the summer. Good also to hear the SIBY is still intact-ish.
    Paul
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)

You’re lucky Dave, lots of my friends think that their prices have gone up a lot. Been hearing a lot of Baja Naval next time comments. No one ever figures in the cost of fuel to get there and back.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Dave, saw your boat today, looking good, hope they remember to put the trim tabs back on
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

We launched yesterday, and had the expected fun bleeding fuel after replacing all the lines.
    Yes, I have priming pumps, but the line from the forward tank to the starboard gen got drained, and it's ~50' long.
    Just running the lines was of course a challenge as many are in areas only accessible by a three armed midget.
    The deck/cockpit paint job will be finished in my slip.
    It was a long two weeks, I'm beat.

On the way back from the yard I ran her up to the pins for a couple miles, with 3/4 fuel and about three hundred gallons of water she hit 27 knots into roughly a 15 knot wind.
    Top rpm was 2375, so she hasn't lost any speed over the years.