Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1978 53'my

1978 53'my

I'm sure some of you were wondering where I went..... Everywhere and nowhere. I'm sure those of you a few years ahead of me are snickering as I confess that two years into retirement I am (still) working my tail off so I can relax. 20 gallons of "stuff" in a 10 gallon bucket.

I need to slow down. We don't want to sell but a rational time/value analysis says we should. Finish the house first, work my other hobbies and if there's time left over I'll get something on a trailer. The plan to go and roam for months on a boat is not happening. I'm not heart broken, I've done it before, and at some point we still might. I'm not dead yet! Meanwhile we hate to see her go as we loved being on her. She's in fine shape, a few things being fixed as we speak, and the man on the brokerage case is the one and only Eric Horst. Tell him I sent you.

https://www.bayport.biz/boat/1978/ha...or-yacht/1847/
    Last edited by oscarvan; 10-06-2022 at 06:42 PM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Re: 1978 53'my

If you are retired why are you still working ? I get the impression that you sure a retired airline pilot ?

I've been on this Hatteras several times. VERY well cared for, a really outstanding example.

4. Re: 1978 53'my

Beautiful yacht, great price. I totally understand your rationale. Sometimes it’s like one is a dog chasing a car-AND then the car stops, you get like “ok, done that, next”.

Its too bad Oscar as you spent so long to find your boat and seemed to enjoy the time and work you did on it. I retired myself a little over a year ago and went out and got a part time job a few months ago, I had a year of doing nothing. I am sure you will still be lurking around as you move onto your next phase.

Walt Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    If you are retired why are you still working ? I get the impression that you sure a retired airline pilot ?
    Working as in my projects/hobbies........ Cement mixers to dogs and guitars........
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Oscar's 53 is now "Sale Pending"
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

I took early retirement when the VA decided I was disabled. No regrets there, fewer still when my employer found themselves embroiled in a lawsuit with my former employers over contract performance issues. Too long to explain here beyond that the recruiting department staff was transferred to the contractor en masse, then left unemployed when the contract blew up - 3 months after I quit.

Having just lost Pau Hana in Hurricane Ian, the last thing I should do is even look at your listing. But I will, because 1) You've offered some advice in the past, and 2) My wife said we WILL return to the sea.

Of course, for me that was never in question - She was the deciding vote. We have no timeframe at this point, since the salvagers haven't even gotten to our marina yet to raise what's left of Pau Hana, but we will return!
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

I suspect she's sold. Good ones don't hang around long.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    I suspect she's sold. Good ones don't hang around long.
    We have to get through survey, but I think we'll be ok there.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"