Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Obtaining engine installation drawings?

Is there a way I may be able to get these for my 1988 38c. My yard asked to try and find as part of an upcoming repower project

Re: Obtaining engine installation drawings?

If you want them of the hull or the engine and gear? If you want it for the hull they’re probably going to have to draw that themselves. The engine manufacturer should have installation diagrams. What are they trying to figure out?

The engine and gear. Trying to work out some dimension stuff and want the original drawings of the Johnson and tower 671 tib with twin disc 507-2 gear

Quote Originally Posted by captcrunch View Post
    The engine and gear. Trying to work out some dimension stuff and want the original drawings of the Johnson and tower 671 tib with twin disc 507-2 gear
    Have you called J&T with your serial numbers yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Have you called J&T with your serial numbers yet?
    I can do that tomorrow.

The c9 cats are quite a bit wider it appears the. The 671’s. Trying to figure out if we’re going to need to relocate jw heater and a/c compressors.

I found an engineering drawing for a 6-71 Detroit but it’s with the Allison reduction gear. I also have a JT 6-71 flyer but the dimensions on the back of the page are for a JT 4-71. Go figure. Send me your email address if you want what I have and I’ll get it to you.

I will make copies and get them to you. The dimensions on the JT flyer are pretty hard to read. I’ll try to sharpen them up.

Thank you so much