Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Ft Myers mooring field

Does anyone know how the boats in Ft Myers mooring field have faired or have access to drone footage of that area?

We sold our sailboat a few weeks ago and the owner was forced to take shelter there before the storm. He suspects all boats in the mooring area are gone, but I don't think so. I've seen some limited drone footage showing boats in the mooring field but from a great distance. Hard to make out anything from them.

In any case if anyone is in that area and sees a 48' dark blue hull sailing ketch (for us power boaters that means to masts, shorter one in the back, LOL) - please let me know so I can call the owner (now in NC) to let him know.

Thanks

J

2. Re: Ft Myers mooring field

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag930 View Post
    Does anyone know how the boats in Ft Myers mooring field have faired or have access to drone footage of that area?

We sold our sailboat a few weeks ago and the owner was forced to take shelter there before the storm. He suspects all boats in the mooring area are gone, but I don't think so. I've seen some limited drone footage showing boats in the mooring field but from a great distance. Hard to make out anything from them.

In any case if anyone is in that area and sees a 48' dark blue hull sailing ketch (for us power boaters that means to masts, shorter one in the back, LOL) - please let me know so I can call the owner (now in NC) to let him know.

ThanksJ
    There’s hundreds and hundreds oof new videos every day on YouTube showing the carnage. Just type in what you’re looking for in their search window.

Re: Ft Myers mooring field

Already tried that all day and can't see the mooring field.

4. Re: Ft Myers mooring field

Already tried that all day and can't see the mooring field.
    then look in the pile of boats stacked up in downtown Ft, Myers.

I'm sorry but I don't have the link. It's on The Hull Truth. It'a satellite view of all of the area. I zoomed in on the mooring field and you can clearly see boats moored. It shows the shrimpers stacked up and the destruction of Salty Sams.
    Looking at photos of Ft.Myers Beach won't help in answering your question.

Link to NOAA’s latest imagery as of 10/3/22….

Hopefully y’all can copy/paste as I have not posted enough in the forums to have the ability to add a link. Best wishes & safe travels to all!

storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/ian/index.html#19/26.45482/-81.93903

Quote Originally Posted by Nauti’Cat View Post
    Link to NOAA’s latest imagery as of 10/3/22….

Hopefully y’all can copy/paste as I have not posted enough in the forums to have the ability to add a link. Best wishes & safe travels to all!

storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/ian/index.html#19/26.45482/-81.93903
    Humm
    Not working.
    Anybody get in?

Bugsy,

Thanks. I found that website, but the new owner called to tell me he found her about 300' up in the mangroves. Doesn't appear to be critical damage, but hard to say. Not sure how they will get her out of there.....

J

Bugsy,

Thanks. I found that website, but the new owner called to tell me he found her about 300' up in the mangroves. Doesn't appear to be critical damage, but hard to say. Not sure how they will get her out of there.....

J
    That is an interesting and unfortunate problem. I wonder if there is a way to do that? It would seem impossible. Maybe there is a trick to it. Not the first huricane to cause that problem. I hope they can recover there boat!
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name