Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Velair Marine Air

Has anyone had experience with Velair yet? Their AC units make some pretty big claims for efficiency and noise reduction. It's a 2 speed unit. One of my suppliers just started stocking them.

Re: Velair Marine Air

I installed one 2+ years ago. I replaced an old Mermaid Air. It is much quieter. the second speed on the fan is strong as hell and actually is noisy because of my vent. It is extremely efficient yet I have not run it on an inverter yet. I have had one silly code issue, that cleared it self up. It seems to be an excellent unit. It has features I have never used, but works great. Oh and switching to heat is just as nice. I will replace more units in time with them.
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina

Running three in ours. Great units. Quiet. Enjoying the wifi functions. Night mode is awesome.

Both of our Cruise Air units started acting up this weekend. I'm leaning toward repairing the split unit in the master and guest state rooms and replacing the upper split that only cools the salon.

Has anyone had the dash area in the salon of a 46c open? I've only pulled off the return grate and looked in there. I'm trying to figure out the best way to attack the project.

I'm also thinking about getting the 21000 BTU Velair to replace the upper unit and plumbing in a vent to the master stateroom that can be closed. It would be nice to have 1 unit that could circulate some air when it's not that hot out and at night. I just have to see if there is room in there for a self contained unit. The plumbing for water and running power should be simple enough it's right over the forward engine room bulkhead.

Is Velair Marine Air the same as MarineAire in Ft Lauderdale? If so, I had 1 unit from them that was good, 1 that was defective out of the box. MarineAire was a nightmare, they refused warranty on defective unit, then told me my warranty was being cancelled because i asked for either a refund or exchange. If they're a different company I have no experience, but MarineAire in Ft Lauderdale sued me for filing a dispute thru my bank on the defective unit.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

No, they are different.