Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Who makes custom boat sofas now?

I bought one back in 2005 from Eagle something or other in North Carolina and it was great with storage underneath the seat. But its time for a new one that that place is no longer in business. Any suggestions?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: Who makes custom boat sofas now?

I m pretty sure Grafton in Miami is in business. They be done a lot of stuff for yacht builders. We ve had their sofas on the two Lazzaras I ve run. Quality furniture, some with storage or pull out bed options
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Marine and RV Furniture | Custom Yacht, Boat, RV, Motorhome furnishings by Flexsteel, Villa, Mariner and Lafer Recliners (glastop.com)

W
    e got a sectional from these guys last year in ultraleather. It has storage underneath. It's very high quality and extremely comfortable.

We purchased a loveseat last year from “RecPro” . Glass top in Ft. Lauderdale is good too. But they had a 6 month wait.

Sea Furniture in Santa Ana California. Dave is the owner. 1-714-979-1454
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Who was that Cap'n down in the islands who put 30k + hours on his 871s? He had a sweet red leather-looking sofa on his 50C that I wanted to copy.

If my girl makes it through Ian, I think I shall reward her with a new sofa and fridge...if there's any $ left after damages.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

Sky- While looking for a sofa that I could get through the 23x34 salon window of my 1970 CC Commander 55- I came across the Luvsac Sactionals (no joke, that is the name) they are modular, can be configured in multiple ways, and even have seats with storage. Now I am holding off to see one in person or maybe on FB market place before paying the full price sight unseen but they do look promising... another thing I like is that each piece has a cover on it that can be removed and washed. And if you get tired of the color -just buy new covers...

Lovesac - Sactionals Storage Seat Insert Set: Lovesoft

F
    YI- my daughter use to have a LuvSac bean bag chair when she was a teenager that was pretty comfortable but hard to get out of for me.
    Ty Lewis
    In Decent Seas
    1970 Chris Craft Commander 55
    HIN: FAA-55-0001 DD 8V-71 NA
    Kent Island, MD

Rob- Thanks for the info on RecPro, their prices are pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by rob71 View Post
    We purchased a loveseat last year from “RecPro” . Glass top in Ft. Lauderdale is good too. But they had a 6 month wait.
    Last edited by ty1on73; 09-30-2022 at 09:29 AM.
    Ty Lewis
    In Decent Seas
    1970 Chris Craft Commander 55
    HIN: FAA-55-0001 DD 8V-71 NA
    Kent Island, MD

We worked a long while with the local canvas guy. Promised to make a fantastic couch with storage and would fit through the window. Total bust. Wound up ordering through Overstock for $700. Assembled piece by piece in the salon.
    Will always wish the custom job worked out but in the end, comfy enough and no hesitation in what or who plants their ass.