Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: oil

oil

Hi everyone having hard time finding 40W oil anyone having luck also wondering if anyone
    runs 15w40 any info greatly apricated

Re: oil

Napa has it.
    NP75118
    Last edited by Bob Quinn; 09-26-2022 at 01:54 PM.
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    Napa has it.
    NP75118
    75118 is the CF2, 40w oil for Detroits.
    75121 will fill the request for 15W40.

Quote Originally Posted by major hattitude View Post
    Hi everyone having hard time finding 40W oil anyone having luck also wondering if anyone
    Any napa, west marine, or truck stop will have CF-2 rated SAE40 or if they'll out of it they will order it and have it to you in a day or two. Any detroit dealer will also sell it (with a markup). You can't run multigrade oil in 2-stroke detroits it will shear down and result in scoring the liners and pistons. Schaeffer makes a full synthetic CF-2 that is good.

Best price for Rotella T1 40 W is Tractor Supply. They will rain check a ny quantity for you..

2 weeks ago I picked up two 5 gallon Pails from the local Napa and left two for the next guy. I like the Napa 71558. For whatever reason that is says it is for Detroit diesel two stroke make me feel better pouring it in. And yes I have enough oil, filters, and fuel filters for the next two oil changes on board. Must be what makes me slow.

Just bought 40 gallons of Rotella 40W at Fleet Farm in Wisconsin. Why so much you ask? 13.99 a gallon. Why 40 Gallons? That’s all they had. The sale is to the end of October.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Quote Originally Posted by major hattitude View Post
    The OP spec'd 2 different oil types. Either way, NAPA has the best availability on both oil W's.

I buy mine a O'Reilly's they order it for me.

Thanks,
    Dragonten
    1981 53' MY Hull #603
    Woodstock, Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    The OP spec'd 2 different oil types. Either way, NAPA has the best availability on both oil W's.
    True but his profile says he’s got a 53 MY, so the reality is he can’t use his 15W40 suggestion without causing engine damage.