Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Proposed Ft Lauderdale ordinance

Has anyone from FTL anyone seen this? It s mind boggling that the self described yachting capital would even consider such an ordinance. Banning dock rentals, multiple boats along with CORDED POWER TOOLS!! Anyone ever tried buffing a big boat by hand?

Vote was pushed back to the next meeting but what I can’t believe is how they tried to sneak this under the radar

https://fortlauderdale.legistar.com/...A-4EC5E501AA1C
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Re: Proposed Ft Lauderdale ordinance

Just get you a little loud portable generator and have it running constantly to recharge your battery packs for your cordless tools.

The problem here in Nashville with city legislation like this is that the people that it effects don't have any voting power because they have left the city. They still work and play here, but the only power they have is the tax revenue that their business or play generates and sometimes that isn't enough. A current example here is "Affordable housing and Residentially challenged outreach" over waterfront development and marinas.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

4. Re: Proposed Ft Lauderdale ordinance

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Has anyone from FTL anyone seen this? It s mind boggling that the self described yachting capital would even consider such an ordinance. Banning dock rentals, multiple boats along with CORDED POWER TOOLS!! Anyone ever tried buffing a big boat by hand?

Vote was pushed back to the next meeting but what I can’t believe is how they tried to sneak this under the radar

https://fortlauderdale.legistar.com/...A-4EC5E501AA1C
    Broward County has always been the “Portland of Florida”. I’ve always tried to avoid it as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired1 View Post
    Broward County has always been the “Portland of Florida”. I’ve always tried to avoid it as much as possible.
    lol - and I will be using this.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C